The best protection against viruses and malware
Nowadays, to be able to browse the Internet without worrying about being hacked or having your confidential information like passwords or other sensitive information stolen, or being able to download files, videos, music and email attachments without being at risk of a possible malware infection, it's almost mandatory to have a decent antivirus installed on your PC.
With 400 million users, it's the number one security suite.
Among all the options available, Avast Free Antivirus is one of the best solutions. Firstly because, as it's name says, it's totally free. You can use this powerful protection tool without any cost and forever, with a simple free registry. Obviously, you can also access advanced functions by means of a paid version that will provide you with a serial or license number, but with the basic functions, you'll have more than enough to protect yourself against all sorts of viruses, spyware and trojans. And secondly, because with hundreds of millions of users collaborating to report about possible infections, there's no other antivirus so prepared to protect your PC.
What is Avast Free? Much more than an antivirus
Although it meets all the requirements we need in an antivirus, it also offers us other functions inherent to other programs like CCleaner, as it also takes care of making sure that our computer work at full throttle. Thus, it also offers us the following additional features:
- Analyzes your computer searching for viruses and other malware such as spyware, rootkits, trojans, etc.
- Detects browser plug-ins with a bad reputation installed on both Chrome and Firefox.
- Searches for out-of-date software: it's always important to have the latest version of any program as developers publish security patches on a regular basis.
- Detects network threats, checking if the security of our domestic or work network is guaranteed 100%.
- Checks passwords stored on our computer to make sure that they are secure enough.
- Analyzes the PC searching for performance problems and optimizing its functioning.
How does this antivirus work?
Many people ask themselves how an antivirus manages to protect us against so many threats lurking on the Internet, so we're going to to try to explain, keeping things as simple as possible, how this Avast program behaves, although it's also applicable to many other antiviruses:
- All computers protected by Avast work like a sensor, receiving plenty of data flows.
- Avast's VirusLab analyzes those codes, establishing which are safe and which could be harmful.
- It immediately creates a vaccine against the malicious code and sends it to all the computers.
- The process is continuously repeated 24 hours a day to be ready for any new attack.
Thanks to having the largest user community in the world of computer security, as well as avant-garde technology to fight against cyber threats, Avast manages to block more than 50 million attacks every single day.
What can the paid version do for me?
Yep, we told you before that it was a free version, but there's also a paid version that increases our protection. Once you've typed or pasted a valid license or serial number into the Register tab, you'll be able to make the most of these other advantages:
- Improved security for your purchases in online stores.
- Identity and personal detail protection.
- Hide your PC behind a powerful firewall.
- Antispam filter and email support so not to receive unwanted emails.
- Protection for your online banking operations.
What's new in the latest version
- Improvements to the general and password manager user interface.
- Greater protection against ransomware.
- Gaming mode that gives priority to the performance of the video game we're playing.
- Different improvements ot SafeZone Browser.
- New Wi-Fi inspector detects vulnerabilities on wireless networks.
- Performance improvements.
- To be able to use the program for free without any time restrictions, you need to sign up free of charge.
- The free version has certain limitations.
- Requires an Internet connection to complete the installation.
Avast!'s antivirus for Android